GARDENA offers a wide range of spare parts as a manufacturer of brand items. In the interest of providing our customers with value for money, it doesn’t always make sense to keep each individual spare parts in stock for each product. When making this decision, we will also take into account demand for each spare part. There is virtually no demand for carbon brushes for trimmers and electric hedge clippers because they last a long time. Hard carbon brushes are used, which wear out extremely slowly. Experience has shown that where carbon brushes are worn out, the collector on which these carbon brushes run will have been used for a long time. In this case, there are two possible causes: Firstly, it may be that the motor has an unusual fault that causes the carbon brushes to fail prematurely. In this case, we recommend that you send the full set of shears or the motor, referring to this correspondence, for root cause analysis and, if necessary, repair/replacement, to the Service address stated in the operating instructions. Secondly, it may be that the hedge clippers have been put under exceptional levels of strain and the motor has already worn out after just a few garden seasons. In this case, replacing the carbon brushes is not the right thing to do. This means that the motor needs to be replaced.
Articles in this section
- Which parts are excluded from the warranty?
- Why don’t the battery-operated shears start straight away?
- Are the wheels/handle compatible with old GARDENA equipment?
- How do you recommend caring for the blades?
- Can the blades be reground?
- How can I adjust the GARDENA Spreader for certain lawn seeds and types of fertiliser?
- What can I distribute using my spreader?
- What is the difference between Cylinder Lawnmowers and C-model Cylinder Lawnmowers?
- Can the blades on the manual lawn mowers be reground?
- How does a lawnmower with non-contact cutting system cut?