1. Interruption in the boundary wire. Check which signal the indicator light on the charging station is emitting. If flashing blue, check the boundary wire for damage or interruption. 2. The transformer is not connected. Check the connection to the socket. Check whether an RCCB has been triggered on your home installation. Also make sure that the low voltage cable is connected to the charging station and the indicator light is green. 3. The connection between the robotic lawnmower and the charging station has been lost during synchronisation. Place the robotic lawnmower in the charging station and generate a new loop signal in the "Security" menu. To do this, use the menu item "New loop signal". 4. The boundary wire has been laid in the wrong direction around an island (tree or similar). Ensure that the boundary wire is correctly positioned according to section 3.2.1 of the operating instructions on laying the boundary wire. 5. Interference caused by metallic objects (fence, reinforcement rods) or by cables buried nearby. Try moving the boundary wire elsewhere.
Articles in this section
- Which parts are excluded from the warranty?
- Why don’t the battery-operated shears start straight away?
- Are the wheels/handle compatible with old GARDENA equipment?
- How do you recommend caring for the blades?
- Can the blades be reground?
- How can I adjust the GARDENA Spreader for certain lawn seeds and types of fertiliser?
- What can I distribute using my spreader?
- What is the difference between Cylinder Lawnmowers and C-model Cylinder Lawnmowers?
- Can the blades on the manual lawn mowers be reground?
- How does a lawnmower with non-contact cutting system cut?