Breaks in the loop cable are usually caused by accidental damage to the cable, for example, when digging with a shovel. In places where ground frost occurs, sharp stones moving underground can damage the cable. Strong tension in the cable during installation can also lead to breakages. Mowing grass too short after installation may damage the cable insulation. Damage to the insulation can lead to interruptions arising weeks or even months later. To avoid problems such as these, in the first few weeks after installation, always select the highest cutting height, and then lower the cutting height by one level every two weeks until the desired cutting height is achieved. A faulty loop cable extension can also lead to interruptions in the first few weeks following the extension. Using an inferior connector to the original one or not tightening the original connector firmly enough with a pair of pliers may cause the extension to be faulty. Please check all known connections before continuing to troubleshoot the issue. You can find further troubleshooting options in our Service information on Locating the break in the robotic lawnmower loop cable.
Articles in this section
- An error message is appearing in the display; what can I do?
- My robotic lawnmower is suddenly making a really loud noise while mowing; why is this the case?
- The robotic lawnmower isn’t starting automatically; why is this?
- The robotic lawnmower is no longer returning to the charging station; why is this?
- The robotic lawnmower isn’t travelling through its corridor; why is this?
- My charging station is flashing green, the robotic lawnmower is in the work area, what do I need to do?
- The indicator light on the charging station isn’t lighting up, what can I do?
- How can I find a break in the boundary wire?
- The robotic lawnmower can no longer park in the charging station and stops in front of the charging station. How can this error be corrected?
- How can I find out where there is an interruption in the loop cable in the robotic lawnmower installation?