The width of the strip of uncut grass depends on how close to the edge of the lawn the boundary wire can be laid. To find this out, refer to the information for your mower in the operating instructions. For the SILENO city, for example, the following applies: • 5 cm from the edge of the lawn, e.g. along paved paths that can be driven on by the robotic lawnmower, will not result in strips of uncut grass being left. • 20 cm from the edge of the lawn, e.g. along flower beds, gravel paths that cannot be driven on by the robotic lawnmower, results in a strip of grass of approx. 12 cm being left. • 30 cm from the edge of the lawn, e.g. a wall or around trees, results in an approx. 20 cm wide strip of grass being left. Note that the uncut strips of grass can be reduced or even eliminated by redesigning your garden, for example by framing the lawn with stones at the edge of the lawn or concrete slabs at grass level.
Articles in this section
- Which parts are excluded from the warranty?
- Why don’t the battery-operated shears start straight away?
- Are the wheels/handle compatible with old GARDENA equipment?
- How do you recommend caring for the blades?
- Can the blades be reground?
- How can I adjust the GARDENA Spreader for certain lawn seeds and types of fertiliser?
- What can I distribute using my spreader?
- What is the difference between Cylinder Lawnmowers and C-model Cylinder Lawnmowers?
- Can the blades on the manual lawn mowers be reground?
- How does a lawnmower with non-contact cutting system cut?