Thank you for choosing one of our trimmers. There can be several reasons why there could be a problem with the filament feed and it can be difficult to work out what these are over the phone. For this reason, the filament feed is explained in full on this information sheet. When only trimming grass, work can continue for an extended period, up to 15 minutes, without re-adjusting (= filament feed). When trimming against hard objects like walls, borders, kerbs, fences, shrubbery etc., the filament will wear out faster depending on the circumstances. To maintain good, seamless cutting performance even in these applications, frequent re-adjustment is necessary! The filament must be re-adjusted at the latest when a) cutting performance markedly reduces (poor cutting results) b) the motor speed increases (this results in a different noise from the trimmer) For the individual specific scenarios, refer to our Service information on extending the trimmer filament feed.
Articles in this section
- An error message is appearing in the display; what can I do?
- My robotic lawnmower is suddenly making a really loud noise while mowing; why is this the case?
- The robotic lawnmower isn’t starting automatically; why is this?
- The robotic lawnmower is no longer returning to the charging station; why is this?
- The robotic lawnmower isn’t travelling through its corridor; why is this?
- My charging station is flashing green, the robotic lawnmower is in the work area, what do I need to do?
- The indicator light on the charging station isn’t lighting up, what can I do?
- How can I find a break in the boundary wire?
- The robotic lawnmower can no longer park in the charging station and stops in front of the charging station. How can this error be corrected?
- How can I find out where there is an interruption in the loop cable in the robotic lawnmower installation?